Covid-19 Operational Update from Openreach
26th March 2020
We have received the following operational update from Openreach.
Openreach will now prioritise only essential work and absolutely minimise work that requires their engineers to enter end customer premises.
Provision work carried out by Service Delivery and Fibre and Network Delivery will be limited to:
- Self-install activities (i.e. where there is no engineering visit to the end customer premises)
- Service to vulnerable end customers (in-home and carried out safely, only where essential)
- Those end customers who have no other form of broadband or telephony available – and they will look to deal with these via escalation channels jointly with us to find a solution that doesn’t require a home visit
- On-premises work for critical national infrastructure customers (NHS, pharmacies, utilities, emergency services, retail and wholesale food distribution outlets, financial services businesses and other categories defined by the Government)
Repair work for both volume and business products will continue to be focused on restoring service with safe working practices, and with revised processes to further reduce social interaction wherever possible.
With immediate effect:
- Appointment books will be closed for new appointed provision with books moved out to 1 June 2020
- Openreach will attempt to complete appointed in flight orders outside of the premises
- Non-appointed orders will continue to go ahead where no visit is required to go to the premises (transfers, upgrades to Fibre to the Cabinet)
- Repair books will remain open at this time – Openreach are reviewing non urgent repair
- Engineers will be asked NOT to enter the end customer premises and to enable/restore service where possible from outside of the premises