3 Things to consider before switching telco providers
Telecommunications is a busy marketplace awash with a seemingly endless stream of providers all eager to compete for your business. With all this choice the task of finding a new one can be a seemingly uphill struggle and consequently people are put off but there are many good reasons for considering a switch and one of the best places to start is by assessing your existing provider. Here are three areas you need to consider before making the decision to switch:
- Customer Service
Complacency is never a good thing and when everything is working well you can be forgiven for not questioning the service being provided, but telecoms service is critical to virtually every business and any disruption can be hugely costly in terms of time and money. Rather than waiting until it’s too late, it’s sensible to evaluate just how good your existing provider’s service is by asking the following questions:
- Does your provider have a set response time? If so what is it and would you be happy to wait that long if there was a drop in service?
- Find out whether the provider’s call centre is UK-based, if it’s overseas the chances are you could be facing delays waiting for information to be relayed or provided which could consequently have an impact on overall response times.
- How do you find your telco provider and what are they like to deal with? Do you know who to contact if there is a problem and do you have an assigned account manager? Finally, can you be assured that they will solve your problem quickly and efficiently should an issue arise?
Taking an honest approach answering to all of the above questions will quickly tell you whether your provider has a strong emphasis on customer service and whether it meets with your requirements.
We have already mentioned the competitive nature of the telecoms industry and so it stands to reason that you should expect to get the most competitive pricing from your provider. Furthermore, you should be receiving regular updates on the latest deals on offer as well as being provided with six monthly service reviews from a dedicated Account Manager to ensure that you are using the blend of services best suited to you as well as being charged the best prices.
If alarm bells are now ringing then it’s probably time to start looking around but remember, while price is important, low cost doesn’t always go hand in hand with the best customer service. Just like when you’re buying a car don’t expect to get BMW service if you’re buying a Fiat so give equal consideration to both based on what’s most important to you.
- Service reliability
Knowing how reliable your provider is an absolute must and if your experience to date isn’t great then this is probably the most important reason to make the switch. When you’re looking for a new provider find out whether they are equipped with the infrastructure to service your business both now and in the future and then follow the steps below to assess their suitability:
- Do they have testimonials from existing customers and can you speak to them
- Are they providing the same services they are proposing to you to anyone else?
- Are they experienced in the sector you work in?
- Ask to see a Service Level Agreement – does it fit in with your requirements?
Do they have the infrastructure to deliver services to your business?
- Is the provider equipped to move with the needs of your business?
If you have followed the steps above correctly then you are certain to have already drawn your own conclusions on whether the time is right to make the switch but if you need any further guidance then do get in touch by calling 0808 146 7000 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org