Frequently Asked Questions
Welcome to our frequently asked questions page where you will wide range of questions on Calteq and Voice solutions
1. WHERE ARE YOU BASED?
We are located in the East of England and have two offices, one in Ipswich, Suffolk and the other in Royston Hertfordshire
2.WHERE ARE YOUR SUPPORT TEAMS BASED?
Our support team are all based in the UK.
3. WHAT HOURS DO YOUR SUPPORT TEAMS OPERATE?
Our support teams operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
4. IS SUPPORT INCLUDED IN YOUR PRICING?
Such is the nature of our solutions that each product has varying levels of support available.
5. HOW CAN I CONTACT YOU FOR SUPPORT?
To contact Calteq support via email – email@example.com or by telephone on 0808 1467000
6. HOW QUICKLY WILL YOU RESPOND TO MY SUPPORT CALL?
On receipt of your enquiry your details will be forwarded to the relevant team member who will be in touch within one working hour
7. WHO ARE YOUR CLIENTS?
Our clients span a wide variety of sectors including finance, leisure, professional services, hospitality, property, retail and more.
8. WHAT SERVICES DO YOU PROVIDE?
Calteq provides communications solutions that enhance customer relationships, streamline business processes and make significant cost savings
9. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN ESTABLISHED?
Calteq was founded in 2009 by Mike Stephenson and Nigel Willetts
10. WHAT ARE YOUR PAYMENT TERMS?
Standard payment terms are fourteen days
11. WILL I HAVE MY OWN ACCOUNT MANAGER?
Yes you will always have your own dedicated account manager
1. WHAT IS HOSTED VOICE?
Hosted Voice uses VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) technology. It refers to phone calls that are made over the internet rather than an analogue landline or a cellular network.
2. WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF HOSTED VOICE?
- All you need is an internet connection to remain full connected whether you’re in the office, on the move or working from home.
- You can make hosted calls on your mobile, via an app, on your computer or via a traditional office phone
- Fully scalable
- It will futureproof your business for the BT Openreach switch-off in 2025
- Statistically proven to increase productivity
- You can save money with no net increase to your telecom costs
3. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HOSTED VOICE AND VoIP?
Both phrases are referring to a single technology. Hosted voice is the cloud-based phone system and VoIP is the method for making calls.
4. HOW RELIABLE IS HOSTED VOICE?
A hosted voice solution is highly reliable. So long as you have a suitable internet connection you’ll experience high-quality voice calls with 99.9% connection uptime.
5. WHAT IS THE CALL QUALITY ON HOSTED VOICE?
So long as you have a reliable suitable internet connection you will experience a high-definition standard of call quality on hosted voice.
6. HOW MANY USERS CAN I HAVE ON A HOSTED VOICE SOLUTION?
Hosted Voice is a highly scalable solution and can flex with your requirements from just a few to many hundreds or thousands of users.
7. CAN HOSTED VOICE BE USED ACROSS MULTIPLE LOCATIONS?
Hosted Voice can be used from any location all you need is an internet connection
8. CAN I KEEP MY CURRENT PHONE NUMBER IF I SWITCH TO HOSTED VOICE?
Yes you can keep you existing number. There is a porting process regulated by OFCOM which allows you to move your important numbers to the cloud
9. WHAT IS THE INSTALLATION PROCESS FOR HOSTED VOICE?
The system is plug and play and Calteq can provide engineering assistance where required
WILL MY CALL CHARGES
10. WILL MY CALL CHARGES GO UP WITH HOSTED VOICE?
No – our hosted voice includes voice minutes and in most cases call costs reduce.
11. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO INSTALL AND SET UP?
Installation time depends on the number of users. Compared with traditional telephone systems installation is reduced by 50 per cent.
12. WILL THERE BE ANY DOWNTIME DURING THE SET-UP OF MY HOSTED VOICE SYSTEM?
In almost all cases there is no downtime during the set-up of your hosted voice system.
13. WHAT EQUIPMENT WILL I NEED FOR MY HOSTED VOICE SYSTEM?
No specialist equipment is required for your hosted voice system.
14. IS REMOTE WORKING SUPPORTED ON A HOSTED VOICE SYSTEM?
Yes remote working is supported on hosted voice.
15. WHY IS ISDN BEING SWITCHED OFF?
ISDN is being switched off because the technology is outdated and there are more effective solutions available.
16. WHEN IS OPENREACH SWITCHING OFF ITS COPPER-BASED NETWORK?
BT Openreach will be switching of its copper-based network in 2025.
17. CAN I HAVE VIDEO CONFERENCING FACILITIES WITH HOSTED VOICE?
Yes you can have video conferencing facilities with hosted voice. The system supports up to 1,000 users.
18. HOW DOES HOSTED VOICE WORK WITH MICROSOFT TEAMS?
There is a SIP to Teams solution that enables Microsoft teams to break-out over the hosted network.
19. CAN I USE HOSTED VOICE ON MY MOBILE?
You can make hosted calls on your mobile all you need is an internet connection.
20. DO YOU OFFER HOSTED CONTACT CENTRE SOLUTIONS?
We do offer enterprise level cloud-based contact centre solutions.
21. WHAT PSTN SERVICES DO YOU OFFER?
Calteq offers an entire range of PSTN services
22. DO YOU OFFER SIP TRUNKING?
Yes we offer SIP trunking in a number of formats
23. WHY DO I NEED SIP TRUNKING?
Some legacy phone systems can function using SIP trunking. This is considered a halfway house to fully hosted solution removing the requirement for old ISDN technology hosting.
24. DO YOU OFFER INBOUND VIRTUAL NUMBERS?
Yes we have a customer portal to allow customers to manage their inbound virtual numbers.
25. WHAT CONFERENCE CALLING SERVICES DO YOU OFFER?
We offer anything from 25 up to 1000 person meeting via our hosted application.
26. DO YOU OFFER PCI COMPLIANT CALL RECORDING?
Yes our system offers storage between 180 days to seven years on call recording.